Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Dentist Is The Devil

What the fuck is the point in waking up at 7am to go to a Dentist appointment simply to be told you need your wisdom teeth pulled out. I KNOW! That's why I went there in the first place. That's why my gums are hurting like a bitch. That's why my mouth and throat are swollen and that I've had 4 prescriptions already. Doesn't take a wizard, let alone a dentist, to tell me this. So $65 and an appointment in two weeks later, I am back at home, still in pain.

Speaking of wizards, I have just finished reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Was it as expected? Somewhat, although I really hadn't given myself any preconceptions before reading it, and refused to listen to any of the rumours surrounding it. I will say this, more than one key character dies. The book is very dark, very grim...but still has all the Potter charm from the previous 6 books. I really can't say whether it was my favourite or not, seeing as it's very different the it's predecessors. The same settings and characters remain...but the format differs greatly. But all in all, it was more than an enjoyable read, the plot is enthralling and the ending is satisfying. I will probably read it again soon seeing as I plowed through it in no time even though I said I wouldn't.

I've been trying to enjoy summer as much as I can in the past few weeks, even though the weather's been less that cooperative, but at least I've gotten quite a few days of sun bathing crammed in there. Oh, and I finally went swimming for the first time of the year, and it felt damn good.

Grrr, Cindy best call me soon. We're going to breakfast together and I'm fucking starving. And knowing this girl, it can still be a few hours before she's up. I guess I'll go munch while I wait.

Laters!

No comments: